Tuesday, November 29, 2005

この帽子について Rib Beret

For Isolde's fourth birthday in September I gave her some pink yarn. We were supposed to dress all in pink for that occasion. Isolde's favourite colour. So I knit her a Rib Beret. I found a very nice one at a japanese site. The pattern is in japanese but it has a grafic chart. Then I translated it with Babel Fish that has a japanese-english translater (mainly to get the gauge and the size of needle and yarn). Well and then I had to convert the japanese needle size to european... I altered the pattern a bit to make it fit Isolde's tiny head. It turned out quite nice and Isolde was so happy. It is softer than the original one andd it didn't assume the same shape. Next time I will use a tweed and knit it tighter.




9 Comments:

Blogger Janey said...

WOW!!!

I have had that very site saved as a Favorite for a couple of YEARS, so I could someday figure out how to knit that beret. I even downloaded the Japanese update from Windows for it too. (Don't know why - in case I ever learned Japanese?) I played around with Babel Fish, but computer instructions and I don't mix at all.
I looked at the graph and thought, "Okay, that LOOKS easy enough to follow. When I get a few days of spare time, I will try it."

Please could you send me your pattern? I'd have to adapt it for an adult head, but ...
I would seriously be indebted.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Health News said...

I really appreciate the blog since the first time do I saw it. Now they have reached another milestone which lead us to report about it, and I think it's a great new... as the content of the text.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Buy Kamagra said...

Great article. It is really interesting and I enjoyed reading it, I will recommend this blog to my friends!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Ojanx said...

I appreciate the information provided in your blog.
Iklan Baris Gratis | Peluang Bisnis | Bisnis Pulsa | Pasang Iklan Baris | Iklan Gratis

12:20 AM  
Blogger alicetaylor said...

Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - all this time later, I've found it and love the end result. I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills.

khlav kalash

3:47 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

This is extremely helpful info!! Very good work. Everything is very interesting to learn and easy to understood. Thank you for giving information.
run3unblockedgame.com

4:37 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I really like both wearing knitted stuff and creating them. Its really great pastime activity to have something to do aside from reading.

Mary (Best B12 Shots)

3:27 PM  
Blogger game fan said...

Nice! thank you so much! Thank you for sharing. Your blog posts are more interesting and informative. I think there are many people like and visit it regularly, including me.

Catninja.org
Wormate-io.com

11:52 PM  
Blogger Sophie Grace said...

This blog writing is very useful thanks for sharing. We are provider storiesig

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home